Roosevelt Elementary Upcoming Events:
1. Update your family contact information
2. Update your preferences for Roosevelt's PTA directory
3. Browse Roosevelt Spirit Wear shirts and sweatshirts!
Roosevelt will continue our “soft start” philosophy. Students are invited into the building starting at 8:40 each morning. There will be no morning bells or lining up. Soft start time provides students a gentle start to their day, an opportunity to connect with others as they prepare for instruction to begin at 9:00.
If you have passed by Roosevelt you have noticed that we are a construction zone. We will have a new field with turf completed soon. The estimated completion date for the gymnasium is spring break. We will navigate the chaos of construction as we look forward to our new building!
I was really hoping we wouldn’t be talking about Covid this year. But, here we are. The good news is we all know what to do. Much of our pandemic operations plan will remain the same.
Food and Nutrition
Breakfast and lunch will be free again for the 2021-2022 school year. Breakfast will be served from 8:15-8:45 each morning for students who would like to eat in the cafeteria before school.
In order to make sure we have your most current contact information, please take a few minutes to update your Infinite Campus account. Additionally, a 1 to 1 Device Responsible Use Agreement and Permission Form, non refundable device damage deposit, and health information will need to be collected. Directions are below:
Parent Annual Infinite Campus Update Instructions
- Log into your Parent Portal account. If you do not know your username and password, please contact the Registrar or Administrative Assistant at your student’s school for help.
- Once logged in, click on ‘More’ on the Index, then on ‘Annual Update’.
- This will open a new tab listing the student’s information. Click ‘Begin’
- Verify your address, contact information and emergency contacts.
- Lastly, verify all of the information for your student including your technology authorizations.
- 1 to 1 Device Responsible Use Agreement and Permission Form
- 1 to 1 Device Responsible Use and Non-Refundable Damage Deposit (optional)
- Once all is saved successfully, submit.
Annual Notification Regarding Public Release of Student Directory Information
The Boise School District complies with federal law (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) as it relates to the release of student directory information to the public. To learn more, visit www.boiseschools.org, and go to Parents & Patrons > Parent Information > FERPA Form. You may also pick up a FERPA form at your school, or call the Clerk of the Board at 854-4123 to obtain a copy of the FERPA form.
We are all looking forward to a fabulous year. Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Principal, Roosevelt Elementary
Be sure to check the 2021-2022 Student Calendar for important dates.
Staffing for 2021-22
We have a few changes and a few additions to our Roosevelt family for the 21-22 school year.
- Mrs Everson has decided she misses teaching the little people and will be headed back downstairs to join the first grade team next year.
- Please join me in welcoming Toni Novotny as our new fourth grade teacher. Mrs Novotny has lots of fourth grade experience and comes to us from Longfellow.
- We would also like to welcome Allie Barcelona. She will be joining our fifth grade team. Ms Barcellona has taught fifth grade for five years and comes to us from Highlands.
- Lastly, please welcome Bekah Jensen as our new head custodian.
Our staffing for the 21-22 school year will be as follows:
Megan Titmus- Full Day
TBD- Half Day
Turn on Smile in your Amazon account and name
"Roosevelt PTA" in Boise, ID
for Reminders and announcements follow:
Instagram: @RooseveltBoisePTA (PTA updates) and @RooseveltRaidersBoise (faculty updates)