Back to School Checklist:
1. Update your family contact information
2. Update your preferences for Roosevelt's PTA directory
3. Browse Roosevelt Spirit Wear shirts and sweatshirts!
August 3, 2021
Welcome back! I hope your summer break was full of adventure and a little relaxation. We are excited to see students for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. Please read the following Roosevelt information.
- First day of school- August 16th- early release
- AM Kindergarten - 10:30 am dismissal
- K-6 - 1:15 pm dismissal
- Back to School Night/Open House - August 23 5:30-7:00pm
- Details to come
Be sure to check the 2021-2022 Student Calendar for important dates.
Roosevelt will continue our “soft start” philosophy. Students are invited into the building starting at 8:40 each morning. There will be no morning bells or lining up. Soft start time provides students a gentle start to their day, an opportunity to connect with others as they prepare for instruction to begin at 9:00.
If you have passed by Roosevelt you have noticed that we are a construction zone. We will have a new field with turf completed soon. The estimated completion date for the gymnasium is spring break. We will navigate the chaos of construction as we look forward to our new building!
I was really hoping we wouldn’t be talking about Covid this year. But, here we are. The good news is we all know what to do. Much of our pandemic operations plan will remain the same. We will wait for the school board to finalize protocols and policies and then I will send out our Pandemic Operations Plan for the 21-22 school year.
Food and Nutrition
Breakfast and lunch will be free again for the 2021-2022 school year. Breakfast will be served from 8:15-8:45 each morning for students who would like to eat in the cafeteria before school.
In order to make sure we have your most current contact information, please take a few minutes to update your Infinite Campus account. Additionally, a 1 to 1 Device Responsible Use Agreement and Permission Form, non refundable device damage deposit, and health information will need to be collected. Directions are below:
Parent Annual Infinite Campus Update Instructions
- Log into your Parent Portal account. If you do not know your username and password, please contact the Registrar or Administrative Assistant at your student’s school for help.
- Once logged in, click on ‘More’ on the Index, then on ‘Annual Update’.
- This will open a new tab listing the student’s information. Click ‘Begin’
- Verify your address, contact information and emergency contacts.
- Lastly, verify all of the information for your student including your technology authorizations.
- 1 to 1 Device Responsible Use Agreement and Permission Form
- 1 to 1 Device Responsible Use and Non-Refundable Damage Deposit (optional)
- Once all is saved successfully, submit.
Annual Notification Regarding Public Release of Student Directory Information
The Boise School District complies with federal law (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) as it relates to the release of student directory information to the public. To learn more, visit www.boiseschools.org, and go to Parents & Patrons > Parent Information > FERPA Form. You may also pick up a FERPA form at your school, or call the Clerk of the Board at 854-4123 to obtain a copy of the FERPA form.
We are all looking forward to a fabulous year. Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Principal, Roosevelt Elementary
Boise Online School Devices
BOS students can keep devices for the summer. If you prefer that the school keep them safe, please bring them by the school before June 7th. Please bring charging chords with the device.
Hotspots will be deactivated for the summer. If you need your hotspot for summer school, please contact the school. If you will no longer need your hotspot, please return it to Roosevelt.
Staffing for 2021-22
We have a few changes and a few additions to our Roosevelt family for the 21-22 school year.
- Mrs Everson has decided she misses teaching the little people and will be headed back downstairs to join the first grade team next year.
- Please join me in welcoming Toni Novotny as our new fourth grade teacher. Mrs Novotny has lots of fourth grade experience and comes to us from Longfellow.
- We would also like to welcome Allie Barcelona. She will be joining our fifth grade team. Ms Barcellona has taught fifth grade for five years and comes to us from Highlands.
- Lastly, please welcome Bekah Jensen as our new head custodian.
Our staffing for the 21-22 school year will be as follows:
Megan Titmus- Full Day
TBD- Half Day
August 2nd- office opens
August 13th- class lists posted
August 13th- sneak peek (more information to come)
August 16th- first day of school.
The following links guide parents to information about summer programs sponsored by BSD.
The following are links to information about summer opportunities that were shared with the school, but not sponsored or vetted by BSD.
Thank you for a fabulous year. Enjoy your summer!
Turn on Smile in your Amazon account and name
"Roosevelt PTA" in Boise, ID
for Reminders and announcements follow:
Instagram: @RooseveltBoisePTA (PTA updates) and @RooseveltRaidersBoise (faculty updates)